The city of Alta is in the process of being certified as a “Sustainable Destination”, a seal of approval given to destinations that work systematically to reduce the negative impact of tourism. In addition to providing visitors with enjoyable experiences, Alta wishes to preserve the local nature, culture and environment, strengthen social values, and be economically viable.
We at Luuso AS Northern Lights Tours want to help achieve this goal. Here some examples:
- We are purchasing locally for our company.
- We do not use any disposable plastic.
- We share knowledge about the Sami culture and their way of life.
- We work with local companies, which also have their focus on sustainability.
- Our bus is modern and has a low pollutant emission.
- On our tours we always respect the nature.
- All meals served on our tours, are made with local ingredients from sustainable production.
- We are constantly trying to get even better!
You can learn more about sustainable travel at www.travelenjoyrespect.org.